Reaction Kinetics Analysis and Applications
Kinetics2015 is a GUI-based computer program for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 to derive chemical kinetic rate models from reaction data. Features include a preprocessing section to adjust baselines, smooth the data, and cull excess points; an analysis section that fits a variety of linear regression and nonlinear regression models; and a data plotting section to display results and make predictions from the models for arbitrary thermal histories.
Data for Kinetics2015 analysis can be obtained from a variety of instruments (e.g., Rock Eval®, Pyromat®, SR Analyzer®, HAWK®, MSSV, TGA, DTA, and DSC).
HAWK® (Wildcat Technologies) measurements on cores, drill cuttings or outcrop samples provides both TOC measurements and pyrolysis parameters (S1, S2, S3, S4, and Tmax). HAWK® is designed for use not only in a laboratory setting, but also as a mobile instrument to be transported for direct measurements on cores and drill cuttings at the well-site or near well-site. It is purposely designed for analytical data and presentation of results to assess both conventional and unconventional petroleum resources.
- Summary of Kinetics2015
- Structure of Input Data Files
- Isoconversional Analysis
- Approximate Analysis
- 1st or Nth Order Models
- Discrete Distribution of Activation Energies
- Gaussian Distribution of Activation Energies
- Weibull Distribution of Activation Energies
- Alternate Pathway Models
- Nucleation-Growth Model
- Sequential Gaussian and Nucleation-Growth Model
- Equilibrium-Limited Nucleation-Growth Model
- Fitting Multiple Reaction Rate Peaks
- Generalized Master Plots
Case Studies for Analyzing Pyrolysis Data of Petroleum Source Rocks
Many materials are best analyzed using a distribution of activation energies
Some materials can be analyzed quite well by a single nth-order reaction
- Case 3 — Kukersite
Some materials with narrow reaction profiles are fit best by a nucleation-growth model
Note: Case 1 was done with Kinetics2015. Cases 2-5 were done with Kinetics05.
E-mail a purchase order from your company to Robert Braun firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time, we require a Wire Transfer to the GeoIsoChem Bank Account. Payment instructions will be given in the Invoice that you will receive after submitting your order.
Price effective August 20, 2020 (subject to change without notice)
Kinetics2015 License ————————————————————– 3,000 USD
This is a Single User License for installing and running Kinetics2015 on one specific Windows PC. Installing Kinetics2015 on a server and running it on a networked PC is not enabled. Upon receipt of payment, a permanent hardware-dependent numeric key will be issued for the licensed PC. A license for Kinetics2015 can be moved to a different PC only by uninstalling both the software and numeric key per instructions from GeoIsoChem Corporation.
This price includes a reasonable amount of user help for the first year. Prompt and high quality support will be provided. Thereafter, user help can be obtained through a service contract with GeoIsoChem Corporation.
- Presentation 1: Principles of Kinetic Analysis for Condensed-Phase Thermal Decomposition (Burnham presentation October 2014). (PDF)
- Presentation 2: Multistep and Distributed Models for Kinetic Analysis (Burnham ICTAC-NATAS, August 2016, Orlando, Florida). (PDF)
- Recent kinetics analysis publications. (PDF)
- Book: Burnham, A.K., 2017. Global chemical kinetics of fossil fuels. How to model maturation and pyrolysis Springer International Publishing AG. (Abstract, Table of Contents)